Careers With Haus

When you consider that the average person spends 90,000 hours at work over a lifetime, it makes sense that jobs are a deciding factor in our quality of life.

At Haus, we think that each member of our team deserves to feel like they are part of a family. We believe strongly in a healthy work-life balance, and that while you’re at work you should feel valued and supported as a person, not just an employee. Our team is our most valuable asset, and we are proud of the culture we’ve built across the Haus family, where right from the top, every single person feels that they matter.

What our family think

  • 86% of our team “strongly agreed” that they viewed their work colleagues as family (the remaining 14% “agreed”!)

  • 90% of our team either “agreed” or “strongly agreed” that Haus “invests time and money in their individual development”

  • 100% of our team “agree” or “strongly agree” that they “can grow and see their future career being at Haus”

(Results from Employee satisfaction survey carried out in May 2018)

Investing in our family

We give our team opportunities for training and development, both within the business and externally, because we recognise the importance of empowerment in order to develop. We’re proud to have helped our team complete a wide range of qualifications, including everything from NVQs in Management and Business Administration, to CIPD courses, to First Aid and Mental Health First Aid.

All our team members complete the ARLA & NAEA recommended property qualifications as part of their standard programme of training with us, funded by us, with study time made available in their working day.

It isn’t all about studying and qualifications though, teambuilding is as much an investment in developing a successful group, as training is. Don’t worry, team building doesn’t have to be about airless hotel conference rooms and “HELLO, my name is…” labels. We arrange quarterly activity days, frequent nights out and even breakfast parties! Most recently our entire team visited an “Escape Room”, where our team pulled together to survive a zombie apocalypse!

Supporting our family

We have a comprehensive feedback process as part of our ongoing commitment to the training and development of our team. This feedback works both ways though. In addition to standard appraisals and reviews, we take feedback on management too. We pride ourselves on supporting our team during difficult times, involving them in decision making, and celebrating everyone’s wins, no matter how big or small.

Graduate Schemes

We work closely with Leeds Beckett University to offer one graduate a position in the Haus family. Through our intensive 12-month graduate scheme we aim to prepare our graduates for a senior or management role within the property industry. We make it a policy to give every applicant constructive feedback and advice, to help them move forward regardless of whether we offer them the position or not. If you are interested in applying for a graduate scheme with us, please send your CV and covering letter to helenogden@haus-properties.com.

Apprenticeships

We partner with Babington to provide apprenticeship training and qualifications to those who are looking for alternatives to University and want to take a more practical approach to learning. We give our apprentices the time, support and space to learn in a safe environment while applying the skills gained from working in a fully functioning estate agency. We offer apprenticeships in Customer Service; Business Administration; Property Services; and Management. If you are interested in applying for an apprenticeship with us, please send your CV and a covering letter to helenogden@haus-properties.com.